Wednesday, January 14, 2009

thinkin bout marriage... on the first date.

women are notorious for this... me included...
thinking about the man that is sitting across the table from you on your very first date... what being married to him would be like? what sex with him would be like? what kissing him would be like? what living with him, having kids with him etc... would be like?

I know I over analyze everything... and from the first date forward, I want to know where we are going, where we stand, what the future holds, especially if this is a man that I really feel like I connected with...

I have to know how the man feels. I have to know if he thinks we have a future. Because if he aint in it for the long haul... then why should I be putting my heart on the line then?

Why does a woman have to over analyze every situation? Why cant she just sit back and try and enjoy it? Enjoy a man trying to woo her... even if he's not her soulmate? A nice friendship might result in it if everyone can stay mature about things.

Another thing I am totally guilty of is: having sex to early in a relationship... 2-3-4 weeks into and unfortunately soon sometimes too.... then after sex... everything changes... feelings change, hopes change, desires change... and I become even more obsessed with know where we stand.. is there a future... because now that we have taken that step... I have given him part of my heart....

So women... maybe we should just enjoy the moment. Dont start planning your future from day one... You cant put a roof on a house before you put the floor down. And think before you take a step that will leave you valuerable to being heart broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...