Monday, June 4, 2012

Christian Mingle. com

A little over a month ago, I was contacted by a wonderful woman about a free month subscription to ChristianMingle.com, A Christian online dating site.  I thought about it and figured what the heck I would give it a try. She had read some of my previous blog posts about dating and everything and thought Christian Mingle would be good for me.  So I tried it. 

I really like how it was God based. You automatically got signed up for another site called: Believe. com.   I liked how in depth the questions were and they had different quizzes and stuff to find out what "color" you were so you find other like individuals. 

The turn offs that I had was that the very first message I received was from a man asking me if I would be willing to have sex on the very first date.  Now I know this is the man and not the dating site... but it was just a real shocker because I wasn't expecting that kinda of thing on a Christian dating site... maybe a free site, but not one you paid for let alone a Christian site. Needless to say the man was blocked from that point on. 

I was very discouraged that most of the gentlemen didn't have a picture of themselves. It was a little frustrating, also, their "about me" sections would have a sentence and that's it.  It's hard to gauge a person based on one sentence and honestly I don't want to waste my time getting to know someone who's not going to have some of the same like minded ideas. 

Another thing that discouraged me is that it is free to set up your account. You can add pictures, browse other individuals, and send "smiles". But you can not initiate a conversation.  Its hard when I see someone who I am interested it, email them, and then get no reply. Maybe its cuz they weren't interested in me.. (and that's fine) but it could also be that they can't open or reply to my message. I wish they had a flag or something on the person's profile saying- "hey I'm not a paid member yet" 

I did exchange numbers with a few gentlemen who seem to be wonderful men of Christ. Time will tell with all that.  I would def recommend the site to others who are interested in a dating sight.  The pricing is affordable compared to some of the other bigger named sites.  
$29.99 for 1 month, $18.99 for 3 months and $13.99 for 6 months. All to be paid in one payment. 

I am very happy that I did join and gave it a try.. but honestly more and more I am learning that I am not ready for a relationship and that I need to get myself in a better place, mentally and emotionally and def spiritually before I can commit myself to a man.. (no matter how badly I want someone right now) 

Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama 

1 comment:

  1. Yea, you find a lot of jerks no matter what kind of dating site it is. I had experienced the same problems as you have.

    I admire your honesty with yourself! I have watched you struggle from afar and so can relate to wanting that someone special. And I promise, that someone will come along, when you least expect it. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...