Monday, May 9, 2011

a little bit late...

I wanted to do a pre-mother's day post with things people love about their mom or what they love about being a mom... well I only got one reply to that From The Peachy One!  If you haven't checked out her blog... please do.  She is an amazing woman.  And I feel privileged to have "met" her thru blogging and twitter and all that social media crap.  This is one time when every one in my life thinks I am crazy for blogging and tweeting and what not...I can say "See!!! This is why I do it!!"  


This was the email she sent to me after I asked her if she minded if I posted about the blog link she sent me: 


if you want,  I am not a typical mom,   to the world they see my daughter with 3 degrees by 22, my phsycics science fair, mr good citizenship award winning honor roll baseball playing sweet heart, my ninja tech loving husband, and my humor, our house our dogs and go wow, they are so "perfect" so "normal".

then out there, is him,  my son,  the one I couldn't fix, the one that is just as much mine as the others,  from me, of me, mine, the one who tried to kill me more than once, the one who I would lay my life down to save, but I can not because I have another younger one to raise.

 so behind every J crew perfect lawn, when a mother crumbles feeling so guilty for yelling or losing her cool, and see's her perfect neighbors  at the soccer game, remember, there's a hole in their wall,  even if they had it fixed.  I just own mine.


xo
Peachy


Here is the blog post she sent me to read:
not your typical mothers day post

how I failed my child



Please also check out these other posts she wrote from last year... I read these and I cryed. My heart broke... for her. for her family. and for all the other families that have had to and are still going thru similar situations...

2 comments:

  1. The last couple of weeks were very hard for me. I had to tweet, smile, go to games for the Prince, celebrate birthdays and go on. If I had known that email was going to be part of a post I would have tried to think more clearly thru my snot and tears. I hope everyone remembers to enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't imagine having to go through something like that... And even though I don't have kids of my own yet, I do feel like a "bad parent" sometimes. I can't help but wonder if I had taken better care of myself over the years, would I be having these fertility issues?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...