Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Every year I make a list of Goals for the following year.
Last year the list consisted of:
Look Forward, Not back- mainly meaning stay away from Ex’s (a certain one in particular)
Go To School
Get closer with God- pray more

I have done everything on that list… tho it was simple and I had God’s help with it. J

This year, I am extending my goal list and with God’s help, I will complete all that HE deems I should.

Go to the Gym.
          This means I need to get a membership somewhere and then come out of my shell and actually go and workout where there maybe other people watching me..

Start a paper journal.
          I used to always keep a journal/diary till I had it used against me more times than I’d care to say… sure I was wrong in what I did and what I wrote down but that place was supposed to be sacred. This goal is still up in the air. I still have that fear that what I write maybe used against me at some point or another.

Pay off all my medical bills
          Hello Income Tax refund check… and good bye.

Get more into Christian Yoga
          I need to find a place that has classes for that and/or a school where I could learn to teach it J

Get even closer with God
          Pray more, read the bible more, focus on God and not all the negativity in life

Get baby girls last name changed
          I’ve decided to change her last name to mine from her father’s because she doesn’t hardly know that side of the family and she is not a priority to her father. She knows my family more than anything.. She is MY family name more than her fathers…sadly.

Start a MOM group
          I want to start some kind of group where mom’s can get together and meet and talk about issues with are having in life/kids/job/relationships etc. A safe place where we can relate and know we are not alone.

Work with my mom more to get the coffee shop started
          I have a dream of opening a Christ centered coffee shop. A safe place for individuals, couples and family to gather. J
Start doing something crafty
          And possibly open an etsy shop… but I definetelly want to get crafty J

Buy a bigger house
          This is more of a wish than a goal, but I thought I would throw it on here too… I so want a bigger house but there are a lot of factors thrown in that I need to get fixed/figured out- my credit score, selling/renting my house, finding a house I want etc…

So those are the goals for 2011.  I am looking forward to the new year and the “fresh start” 
My boyfriend will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary in January also. We met last year down in New Orleans at my sister’s wedding. J  I am thinking of planning something special for just the two of us…

Happy New Year!!

God Bless
Overthinking Mama 

2 comments:

  1. Reasonable goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new design. Even though me and God have a rocky relationship spattered with serious fights and break ups, I commend your dedication to your faith and God. I am a serious slacker and set the bar on the ground, that way all I have to do is step over it to be proud of my accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...