Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Amiyha

January 19. My sister’s daughter’s birthday.  She would be 7.  4 ½ years ago her life came to a sudden halt and she went to spend eternity with the Lord.   

My sister isn’t my sister by blood or by marriage but by love.  I came into the family almost 5 years ago.  My daughter’s father and I had been dating for a few months and I was pregnant with his daughter. His family lived down in North Carolina and I had been down there once and met his 2nd oldest daughter, his mom, step dad, brother and niece and nephews.  Amiyah was only 2 years old. The whole time I was there, she wanted me to carry her.  I was very happy to.  The visit was short and we soon had to return home.  A few months down the road, on a Friday night in August, we received a phone call from my ex’s mom.  He didn’t want to answer but after the 2nd time she called, I made him pick up the phone.  I’m glad I did.  His niece had passed away. She was shot in the head.  My heart broke.  And even as I write this now, I am in tears.  I am not going to get into the whole story today but it was tragedy what will forever affect this family. 
As soon as we got that phone call, we started making plans to go down to N.C. The next morning we were on the road. Dropped my son off with my mom because I really didn’t think this would be good for him- he was 4.  On our way down there, I decided that I was going to name this baby girl that was growing in my belly after our niece.  Her middle name is Amiyah.   
Because of this event, there is a special bond between my sister and me. Even though my ex and I have gone our separate way, I still consider her family.
My heart goes out to her and her son’s today along with the entire family down in North Carolina.  They all are in my thoughts and prayers today.



God Bless
Overthinking Mama 

3 comments:

  1. there is nothing i could say that would do this justice. thoughts and prayers.

    Bruce
    bruce johnson jadip
    evilbruce
    stupid stuff i see and hear
    Bruce’s guy book
    the guy book
    Dreamodel Guy
    dreamodeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is heartbreaking! Please know I am sending to those you love and miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless that sweet little angel and her family as well as you. Happy Birthday Amiyah.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...