Thursday, January 20, 2011

Closer

I have so many thoughts running through my head today… well actually the last few days.   I have been talking to a new friend about our walks with Christ and its just been wonderful. I feel like I am closer to the Lord.  I feel like I am more intune with him right now.  Its crazy.  I am so happy and so in love with the Lord. Just thinking about it, makes my heart skip a beat!! 

This morning I woke up around 3am when my daughter had to go potty. I remember looking at the clock thinking man its too early… I just want to go back to sleep, but maybe I’ll get up with my alarm and read the bible. I haven’t done that in awhile. I clearly heard the Lord tell me that he would help me.   I laid down and slept till my alarm went off at 630. I hit the snooze and laid back down. Just 5 more minutes. I clearly heard the Lord say I’ll wake you at 7am… and don’t ya know, my alarm didn’t go off again till 7am!!  As much as I wanted to hit snooze and go back to sleep ever for just 5 minutes more, I knew I needed to get up and do what I said I would.  And so I did. I read Malachi. I  wanted to stop before I was finished reading because it was getting late and I didn’t want my son to miss the bus, but again I heard the Lord tell me it will be ok. So I finished reading and rushed to get myself and the kids ready. We walked out the door after the normal time to catch the bus… we got to the bus stop and still had enough time to say our morning prayers before the bus showed up. The Lord did as he promised… It was ok.

Not everyday goes this good. Not everyday to I hear the Lord whispering in my ear. And those are the days that I struggle. 
I pray that my ears and my heart will continue to open to hear the Lord.

I am finishing up The Shack. It has been such a great. I definitely recommend reading it to help get a different and better grasp on God.  
I also picked up Lecrae- Rehab: The Overdose. I love Lecrae. I love Rehab so I had to have Overdose… I still love Rehab more… but Overdose is great!!  J

God Bless
Overthinking Mama 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, as always, your faith in the Lord is overwhelming to me. I know that comfort you are experiencing. I just pray that I can experience it more often.

    I read The Shack and I will say this. Never, had any book caused me more anguish than that one did. It stirred up so many emotions. At times, I was afraid to continue reading it because I found myself inserting my daughter and I into the roles of Missy and Mack, and it made it all the more intense. I sobbed through it's entirety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Shack....I downloaded it from iTunes on my iPhone so I could listen to it.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...