Thursday, January 6, 2011

mom/son date

I took lil man out bowling last night, just me and him. We don't really get that much alone time with each.other, and def not as much as baby girl and I do. So I like to try and have a one on one day with him once a month just so we can reconnect and have some fun. Just me and him. I've sacked on this the last few months tho but it is something that I plan on doing in the future. We went bowling last night and howled 3 games. It was a lot of fun and of course I beat him which he didn't like very much. But I don't want him to always win, he need to learn how to lose too and its not the end of the world if you do lose. I think he had a lot of fun, I know I did.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome. Bowling alone with the son can be great. I try to take my son once a month for bowling, just me and him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every parent should have a date night or day spent with one child at a time. This will makes cherished memories that he will hold in his heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OT- its great having the one on one time... its harder for me to have it with son than my daughter- he goes to his dad's every other weekend, she never goes to her dads :-(
    TPT- I completely agree.. they need that special time with their parent... helps parent child bond. and I can always see a difference in attitude from him afterwards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think taking your kids on dates is a great way to teach them how they should treat/be treated by their future dates! Matt and I definitely plan to do that when we have kids :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...