Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tell All Tuesday

Welcome to the very first Tell All Tuesday!!!  If you would like to participate, please send me an email: overthinkingmama@gmail.com.  
Thank you Megan for participating!! I really appreicated it and I really enjoyed reading your answers!! 
Make sure you check out Megan's blog.  And leave her a bunch of comments on here and her blog too!!! 

Happy Tuesday!! 
God Bless!! 


Name/Nickname/AKA: Megan
Blog Address (if have one): http://musingsofaconfusedwoman.blogspot.com/
Age (approx) - 30
Occupation: I was laid off, so now I am a full time student.
 

Pick at least 10 questions to answer. You can have more, but you must at least have 10.  Answer with much thought and detail- remember, we are getting to you know (its a tell all!) 

·         What is one of your happiest memories?
When my kids were born. I never new that I could love anyone like that. I knew I loved my babies before they were born, but the minute they got here, it was completely different...

·         What’s one of the most meaningful gifts you’ve received?
When I was 18, my great grandmother took an old ring she had and split up the diamonds, creating a necklace for each of her great granddaughters. It's a unique design. She passed away a few days after my first child was born... her first great great grandchild. I never take the necklace off because it reminds me of her.

·         What’s one of the most loving things someone has done for you?
For me, it's the little things. I think the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done was to give me a hooded LSU sweatshirt. This was given to me by Mr Glasses because he knew I didn't have any sweaters or jackets and he knows how much I love LSU.

·         What’s one of the most loving things you’ve ever done for someone?
Bringing munchies and other things to people in the hospital, like soft drinks, toothbrush & toothpaste, lotion, etc. Things the hospital won't exactly give you but they aren't opposed to you having.

·         What music, poetry, art, books, or movies have most inspired you and why?
My friend is a composer of modern classical music and the meaning behind the majority of his work is so incredible. He and I have been friends for over 10 years and every time I hear a piece that he has written, I am truly moved by it. It's not traditional, completely unpredictable and what some would consider to be "difficult to listen to" but I know him and I know the feeling behind it so it inspires me. It reminds me that despite our struggles, we can all be in a better place and do absolutely magnificent things.

·

·         If you had only 6 months left to live, what would you want to be sure to experience?
You know, if you had asked me this 3 years ago, I would have said true love. The kind movies are made from, the kind people want to talk about and hope for and dream of... I've had that. It's a wonderful thing. I have my children and they are fabulous. I have people around me who love me and an awesome family. I've been places and I've done things that most people don't do. I don't think there is really anything else left to experience, except life itself.

·         What’s one of the nicest things you’ve ever done for yourself?
I knew that I was on the verge of a meltdown - too much stress in my life. I decided that I was going to take a vacation by myself. I informed everyone about 3 weeks in advance, hopped on a plane and went to Arizona. 
Keep in mind that I do not eat by myself, I don't go strange places alone and I seem to get lost a lot. 
I did it all by myself. It was the first time I ever rented a car, traveled alone (I've flown alone but always met up with people at my destination), gone exploring, went to a tourist information center, the whole thing. I didn't make hotel reservations and I did a "fly by the seat of my pants" trip. It was the best 4 days I'd had by myself. 

·         What's the best compliment anyone has ever paid you?
When I started back in school about a year ago, several people told me that I inspired them to go back to school. Some took a single class, others have looked into it and done nothing because they aren't in a position to do so. One person, however, told me that I have inspired her to go back for the 5th or 6th time but to FINISH her degree this time. She and I are both single moms of 2 kids with non-traditional custody arrangements, and she's taking a class right now. Not only that, she's considering living off of loans her last year like I am doing now. That's a HUGE compliment! To know that I have inspired people to go back to school is wonderful enough in itself but to know that I've inspired someone to do it in basically the same way as me and that she's EXCITED about it is just phenomenal. I get all kinds of warm fuzzies about it.

·         What do you value most in yourself?
Aside from my intellect, I value my logic and compassion for others. I try to see things from other people's perspectives and to see why they feel or act the way they do. I try to reason either with them or internally to discover what it is that makes people tick. I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn and am arrogant about it but I think it makes me easy to get along with, and I really like that about myself. 

·        

~What were you doing 10 years ago? 
I was living in a hick town in Louisiana with no job, recovering from gall bladder surgery, taking care of an infant and about to celebrate my first anniversary with my ex husband.

~Where do you want to be in 10 years? 
Ideally, I'd like to own a home, have my PhD and be starting my clinical practice in Psychology... helping people full time :)

~Where were you on 9/11/01? 
I was working at the LSU Law Center and I had gotten to work just before 8am Central time. My boss comes in about 10-15 minutes late and practically runs into his office and throws down his briefcase and runs to the recording room. I thought maybe he was just rushing because he was late. He drags the TV out and plugs it in and says that a plane hit the world trade center. We get to the tv channel and they are trying to explain what happened... and then the 2nd plane hits. There was no work done that day. Campus was really eerie the whole week.

~Have you ever changed clothes in a vehicle? Yes. Many times.

Were you driving, someone else driving, or parked? All of the above! haha. I'm the MASTER at changing clothes in the car - and I can do it without showing any undies!


~When you looked in the mirror today what did you think?
Hmmm... Maybe I am "THAT" pretty...

~What has been your favorite age so far?
I'm 30 now, so... 30!! I'm still learning things about myself, relationships, my kids, my loved ones and life. I would never want to go back and have to "unlearn" those things. 

~Do you wash your hands every single time you use the restroom?
Yes, absolutely. I even do it for a minimum of 30 seconds each time. 

~If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone?
I firmly believe that you should tell people how you feel at all times. I'll never have to say that I regret not telling someone that I loved them, that they mean something to me, that I like them, that I think they are wonderful, that they are pretty, that I'm proud of them - none of that. I tell people all of the time how I feel along those lines. My kids know that I am proud of them, that they are wonderful, that they have good qualities and that I'm proud of them. I don't believe in holding those things back. You never know when you'll be able to say things to other people again, or when you'll have an opportunity to tell someone that you care. You have to do it right then, every time. 
I will say, though, that if someone else were to die, I would be sad to have never known how they felt about me. To have never heard it. 

~If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or the mind of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
The body. I wouldn't want to be intellectually stagnant! My grandparents are in their 80s and both of them are as sharp as ever. I hope that I will be like that when I'm their age. If our family history repeats itself, I will. We all seem to live to be really old.

~Would you accept twenty years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you had to die at the end of the period? 
No. Extraordinary happiness and fulfillment is not something that you can bargain for. You have to learn how to accept it in your own life, through struggles and issues. You have to love yourself. No amount of time of it just being given to you is worth the journey.

~If the person you were engaged to marry had an accident and became a paraplegic, would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?
Yes, but I would want to wait... only, not for me. I would still want to marry them. Going through something like that could really have an effect on someone mentally, emotionally - and obviously physically. I would want to make sure that they are still the same person I love after the accident. People change - I've seen it happen before. One incident can change the way a person views the entire world. Does that mean I would abandon that person? No way!! I would work and try and make sure that they were OK. However, if after some time the person I was engaged to became someone else - that the person I loved no longer existed - I would probably leave. It wouldn't be about them being bound to a wheelchair for the rest of their life, though. Their physical quality of life would have changed dramatically but if he and I no longer get along, then BOTH of our emotional and mental quality of life would also be reduced.

~Would you be willing to go to a slaughterhouse and kill a cow? 
Willing? uhm... I guess... Would I be ABLE to do it? Not without seriously vomiting and having nightmares about it.

~Would you be willing to decrease your life expectancy by 5 years if you could become extremely attractive?
OMG - does this mean my life expectancy is already reduced?! 
My answer is no. You should love yourself for your faults just as much as you do for your good qualities. This includes your attractiveness level.

~If your friends and acquaintances were willing to bluntly tell you what they really think of you, would you want them to?
Absolutely. I'd do it for them! If it's a good thing - great. If it's a bad thing, then those are things that I need to work on to improve myself. Or, at least, I could determine if those were things that I felt needed improvement ;)

~Would you be willing to give up all television for the next 5 years if it would induce someone to provide for 1,000 starving children in Indonesia?
Sure! I don't watch much TV anyway. I'd rather provide for starving kids in the USA though. We have so many problems at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...