Thursday, July 22, 2010

Story Time Thursday-2

The next day I checked my email off and on all morning. Nothing from Ramon. My heart sank a little bit, but I really wasn't completely sure why. I didn't want to be anything more than friends. I was going thru a nasty divorce and the last thing I needed was drama from another man in my life.  
Finally at lunch time, I decided to just suck it up and email him. We were just friends right? So it really didn't matter who emailed who first.  I decided I would play it cool and just forward a joke email to him and see what happened from there.  Bout 10 minutes after I sent it I got a reply.  He apologized for not email me earlier. His wife found my email address and threw it away, plus he'd been looking for jobs all morning, but had been hoping I would email him first.  Wait! what? a wife!! what the hell? Drama.  Well we were just friends right?  So I replied back and asked him about his wife. He told me that he wanted a divorce and so did she. But right now neither could afford it. She was constantly lying to him and was cheating on him. They didn't sleep in the same bed together. Actually he slept down on the couch. The only reason why he was even staying with her was because he didn't have a job right now and couldn't afford his own place and she couldn't afford child care so he stayed and watched her kids during the day while she worked.   OK.. I guess that seemed legit... but all the more reason we would only be friends.  That was one thing I didn't want to get involved in.  We emailed back and forth a little bit more and I told him me and my good friend Izzy were going  out to sing karaoke at this lil bar in the next city. I told him, if he wanted he could meet us up there. He said sure and asked for my phone number.  I gave it to him and got his too.  We texted off and on the rest of the night. 
Izzy and I went up to the bar to sing. It was always a lot of fun. It was a weekly thing that me and him did.  We both had our songs that we always sang... Picture by kid rock and Sheryl Crowe- we always sang that one together. I always sang Traveling Soldier by Dixie Chics because I knew that one by heart. I wasn't really good but I loved to sing. Izzy on the other hand, well he was good.  About 1145pm came around and I got a text from Ramon.  He apologized and said he couldn't make it up there tonight.  His wife Christy's kid had a high temp. and he had to take them up to the ER. He was really sorry and really wished he could have came... I was a little disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...