Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dear Lil Man 9/24/10

Dear My Lil Man,                                                 9/24/10
Well I went onto your Teacher’s website today to see if there was anything new.. He had put on there that 13 kids got in trouble. I automatically assumed it was you. I am sorry. I am glad I called you first to see before I emailed him regarding.  I just know sometimes you can get easily distracted. 
Last week you got into a “fight” with an older kid at school. He tripped you, you tackled him. You got a detention for it. You were so worried when you came home though if you were going to get in trouble for it. I didn’t answer you about it, because honestly I didn’t know what to say. One hand I didn’t want to punish you. You stood up for yourself, and I was proud of you for that. On the other hand, I didn’t want you to think it was ok to go and get into fights.  So I just let it be.
I love you so much Lil Man. You were my first born. You will always be my baby no matter how old you get.
You seem to have so much anger in you. Towards what I don’t know, but it scares me sometimes. You need an outlet for your anger and I don’t know how to help you with that. I know I’ve been told I am too hard on you and also that I need to be harder on you. I don’t know.  It seems like the only time we really get to spend together all I am doing is yelling at you. I mentioned that to you this morning and you said. Well don’t yell at me. I don’t yell at you cuz I like it or I want to. I do it so you will learn. I don’t want you to become a “bad” kid.  I don’t want the kid that is always in trouble and ends up in jail someday. You are better than that!!
I know you hate me because I make you go over to your dads, but someday you will thank me for that. You need that relationship with your dad. And as you get older I hope that you and him will get closer. He will always be your daddy. 
You had to take the OAT the other day.. you scored advanced in Reading. I was so proud of you. I hope you know that I am.
You also want to start making Videos to put on-line. I really hope that you do that. You are so funny and clever sometimes… you make me laugh even when I so sooo angry. I love that about you even tho it is sooo annoying.  
I love you lil man… no longer my baby boy…
Love
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. That was awesome letter. I can so relate to this as I went through the same thing with my daughter. If you do your best, its all it takes.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...