Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 6.

Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.

The one main thing that I hope I never have to do is bury one of my children… or for that matter when the time comes- my grandchildren.

My sister had to do that. Bury her daughter. I don’t know how she did it. How she managed. I don’t know if I could.

My sister who actually is my daughter’s father’s sister is the same age is me. Her daughter was only 2 years old. The girl’s name is Amiyah. She was at home with her 2 brothers only a few years older than her. Her mom was asleep after working 3rd shift and her father decided to run down to the neighbors or the store or something and leave the kids there… practically alone… and with a gun.  The boys got a hold of the gun and were messing with it… and shot her. She didn’t survive. 
I don’t know how my sister managed to keep it together.   I was prego with my daughter at the time. My son was 4.  It was at the time one of the hardest things I had to do, and it wasn’t even my child. I just kept thinking about what if it was.
I guess it’s one of those things that you just don’t know how you will manage something or how you will handle something, until you actually have to. 

My daughter is named after her cousin.
Baby Girl’s first name than Amiyah-Ruth as middle name. (Ruth is my family passed down name)



God Bless
Overthinking Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...