Thursday, August 5, 2010

Story Time Thursday-4

Ramon looked stunned. He couldn't believe that I. Just. Kissed. Him. He looked over at Izzy and apologized. Izzy just looked at him and said "its cool man, she ain't my girl" and then walked over to me laughing. He told me what Ramon said and his reply. I just laughed and walked over to JoAnn.  
It was Monday all too soon. I had a lot of fun going out with JoAnn and everyone on Saturday night. Ramon had text me all day Sunday and was now emailing me.  I tried to concentrate on work, but I really couldn't.  I knew he wasn't good for me.. Hell he was married, but I couldn't stop thinking about him.  
Aaron walked into the office and seen me smiling to myself.  New man? he asked. I said no. I don't know what you are talking about. Aaron new me better than that. He was my ex. I had hooked up with him as soon as my marriage had gone south. He was 12 years older than me and going through a divorce too. And some how... this man knew me better than even my husband did. Maybe that's what attracted to me to him in the first place? We didn't last very long tho. As fun as it was and as good as he was too me...  it got old. We had our different ideas and honestly I really couldn't handle the drinking every single night There were so many nights I would come over in the middle of the night to spend the rest of it with him, and he wouldn't remember me being there. That hurt more than I even realized at the time.  The last straw between me and Aaron was when I went over that one evening and he wasn't home. I waited for him for about 3 hours and when he got home  from the bar he had the audacity to accuse me of cheating on him.  I walked out of his house that night and never went back.  
It was tough the first month working together after that. But we managed and soon became friends again. There was still a chemistry between us but wasn't as strong as it once was, I guess because I knew that we could never be and could never last. But he was a good friend to me none the less. 
I can tell you have a new man in your life. I can see it in your eyes. You are glowing. Aaron taunted me. I again denied anything.  Told him he was crazy. I am not seeing anyone, nor do I want to be. I am not ready for all of that. 
He just laughed... and OK.. you can try and fool yourself, but you can't fool me.  And then walked back to his office... 
Damn, he knows me too well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...