Monday, October 26, 2009

A Christian and a Non-Christian

I have the battle going on in my head... One of the many battles that go thru my head on a daily basis. (there is acutally a war going on it there made of many different battles... maybe that is why I get so many headaches?!)

anyways.

A battle of life. A battle of right and wrong.

I am a Christian. I don't hide the fact. I am not a perfect person. I do not think I am any better than anyone else becasue of it either. I am still learning. I make plenty of mistakes. I am still weak. And the devil still sometimes wins the battles and I stray down the wrong path.

But the thing is. I have faith. I am amazed at time at my faith. I know God has a plan for me. I know that Jesus gave up his life for mine and for yours. I have faith that no matter what is going on in my life. No matter how great or how horrible, I know that God is there. That he will see me thru it all. That everything I go thru will make me into a better person as long as I take the right path and I have faith. I belive that it is the hard time in your life, that bring you closer to God. I know that if I hadnt been thru some of the hard times in my life, I wouldnt be who and where I am today.

The most recent battle going on in my head is this: I am a Christain. My boyfriend is NOT.



2 Corinthians 6:14 (New International Version)
14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?



He has come right out and told me he believes there is a God, but he has no faith.

I don't really know what to do. I do love him. But he is not a Christian. I know God brought us together for a reason. Maybe for me to show him the Glory of our God? But I do not know how to do this. I dont know what to say or what to do to help him to believe. I have tried to get him to come to church with me... and sometimes he will (tho he did more before we were a couple). I have tried to get him to come to bible study with me and he did once. When I have mentioned it again... it was pretty much.. when he is ready he will go again... but when will that be.

So my battle in my head is what do I do? What is it that God wants me to do here? How am I do handle this situation?

Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...