Wednesday, February 1, 2012


Well, In case you didn’t know… I have met someone!! YAY!!

I did the whole online dating site thing for a few months (from like Sept- Dec). Prayed A LOT about it and kinda left it into God’s hands.  I went on some dates. Met some great guys.  Met some crazy ones too.  I didn’t let my heart nor my head control my choices and my emotions but I left all that up to God.  I prayed for him to open my heart when the right man came along. So with all of those great guys (and thankfully the crazy ones too) , I didn’t really feel anything… I saw them in a different light. Saw their issues.. the red flags and because my heart wasn’t involved in it… I was able to make a rational choice and move on.   The middle of December I decided I was done. I was done with the online dating thing and trying to meet someone. Again, I put that into God’s hands and let it be what it was.  Right before I closed my account I received one more message. We both decided to exchange email addresses since it was easier for both us to communicate that way and then I closed my account.  We emailed back and forth and I found myself very anxious to receive his emails. J (ooohhh!!!!).  We finally exchanged phone numbers and haven’t stopped texting since.   

It’s been almost two months since he first contacted me and I don’t think a day has gone by since, that we haven’t talked in some form.   And here comes the tricky part… I am falling in love with him.  And no that’s not the tricky part.  The tricky part is me. And my head.  I’ve kept my wall up for the past year so I wouldn’t be hurt… and the one and only time I put it down over the summer- I GOT HURT.  Now my wall is down.. and I am so scared of being hurt. Scared that I am going to have all these strong emotions for this wonderful man… and he’s not going to feel the same.  L

But in order to be able to fully be loved… I need that wall down and need to keep it down. Otherwise I won’t be able to feel the love that he does give me or be able to give anything in return.  I will be more susceptible to be hurt… but I will also be more susceptible to feel something amazing. 

So I am putting in all in God’s hands.  Whatever happens will happen.  I can’t dwell on the negative what ifs.  If it doesn’t work out… then it doesn’t. I will have learned from it and will move on (tho I already know that if that happens.- Im done with dating. Lol)  But if it does work out… this is going to be amazing. 

God has a plan for us.

Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama 

3 comments:

  1. If you shut yourself off from the possibilities, you'll never know "what might have been." Good luck!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for you Sarah! I hope this is Mr. Right! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! :) Love is definitely a scary thing at times, but it's the greatest thing you can have as well. Just keep praying about it and keeping God at the forefront of the relationship, and I'm sure everything will work out for the best!

    (PS... I tagged you over on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...