Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Marriage Quotes


I found this awesome Blog and wanted to share it with you: ToLove, HONOR and vacuum by Shelia Wray Gregoire…

One of the articles that I read was The 50 best Marriage quotesof 2011… Below are some of my favorites that I thought I would share.  Reading these quotes make me even more anxious and excited to finally be married to the man that God has planned of me. I can’t wait to be the wife God wants me to be.

Your only expectation of your future husband should be that he walk with Jesus.You want a man who will be a spiritual leader and that you worship Jesus together. If you have that, the chances of having a happy marriage are very high.
Lori Alexander, 
Your Standard of Beauty

Marriage is hard work and can be a bumpy road at times. But if I hang on tight to the hem of Jesus and the hand of my husband – I’ll have the best ride of my life!
Women Living Well, 
14 Things I’ve Learned in 14 Years of Marriage

 Love is by definition focused on its object. If I’m thinking about me, I am not focused on loving my man.
Elspeth, Traditional Christianity, 
The Heart of the Five Love Languages

 It’s one of those cases where you may win the battle but lose the war. In marriage, it’s either win-win or lose-lose. There is no win-lose. If you both don’t win, you both lose.
To Love, Honor and Vacuum, 
Am I too Hard on Women?

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we should wait for someone else to do the right thing before we do the right thing.
To Love, Honor and Vacuum, 
Am I too Hard on Women?

Sex is God’s idea. It is His blessing to husbands and wives. It is His provision for making children, increasing intimacy, and providing pleasure to married couples whom He loves. Take a brief moment today to thank Him for sex.
Hot, Holy and Humorous, 
Are you Thankful for Sex?

Sex will fall by the wayside if you do not intentionally make it a priority.
One Flesh Marriage, 
Sex is the Glue

Sex should be deeply intimate and connecting, and while the physical pleasure is great and important, too much focus on that (for yourself or your bride) means not having the ability to focus on other vital aspects of the sex act. Maybe we would all enjoy sex more, and maybe even have more of it, if we stuck to a narrow menu, with something extra thrown in only very rarely.
Generous Husband, 
How Much Variety Does it Take?

 Researchers found that spouses who reported above-average sexual satisfaction were 10 to 13 times more likely to be “very happy” in their marriage, compared with those who were less satisfied sexually.
Marriage Gems, 
Want a Happier Marriage? Be Generous

 Intimacy should not be equated with sex. In fact, chances are, if you aren’t intimate in the other areas of your life your sexual intimacy will be one of the first things to suffer.
Marriage Life, 
Intimacy is a Marathon not a Sprint

Give your man a break. Let him be who God designed him to be.
Hot, Holy and Humorous, 
Prince Ideal vs. Prince Real
You don’t have to agree with him over everything. Just value him, listen to him and take him into consideration when there are choices to be made. And, please, never disgrace him publicly.
The Generous Wife, 
Worth and Value

You might think that you have all of the answers and need to protect your husband from making the wrong choice, but nagging, pouting, losing your temper and complaining aren’t going make him a better man.
Time Warp Wife, 
Trust in the Potter

As I released my fears and unrealistic expectations, I started to really like and love my man for who he is – as a husband, father and friend. My heart and my marriage began to heal.
Renee Swope, RooMag, 
Searching for Happily Ever After


 Kiss every chance you get.
Intimacy in Marriage, 
Do You Really Have Plenty of Time to Nurture Your Marriage?





Please make sure you check out the blog and the above article to read all of the great quotes!

Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama

2 comments:

  1. Great sayings. Thanks for sharing the blog site. Am loving the new look on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...