Friday, February 26, 2010

Life aint a Fairy Tale...

My best friend and I were talking today about relationships... and life... and pretty much.. it aint nothing like what we thought it would ... nothing like what we seen in the movies...

there aint no happily ever after... there aint no perfect man... there aint no perfect relationship, wife, husband, children, neighbor, job, or life..

I always dreamed of that fairy tale life growning up... where my prince will ride in on a white horse and sweep me off... shower me with love, and gifts, and compliments... will take care of my every need... and in return i do the same... He will be perfect in everyway... We will always get along, and never have any issues... *sigh* it will all be perfect...

I have yet to meet that man.

and I have yet to see that perfection in my relationship let alone my friends relationships...
I think its abusrb that we fill our heads with the ideas that life is so easy and perfect...
there is no perfect little house... theres dust in the corner and dirt under the bed... theres no perfect person... we all have our flaws... theres no perfect relationship.. we are two completely differnt people.. coming together as one... someone will have to comprimise at some point or another... Thats life.

If we expect that fairy tale life all we are doing is setting ourselves up to fail... and I am the prime example of that... me and my ex-husband...
I wanted the perfect life... 2.3 kids, house, cars, good jobs, me only have to work part time, a dog, a cat... no fights, no debt, no worries... Yea it never happened... and because I wanted perfection... I wasnt willing to work to make that relationship work... and instead decided I wanted a party lifestyle... (go figure)... and here I am 5yrs later... still single... still trying to find Mr right to be my husband... but this time.. i know theres no such thing is perfection.. but if I find someone that makes me happy... I will do what I have to do, to make it work.