Thursday, December 17, 2009

Your Life and your addiction to social media....

I can say that I am slightly addiction to facebook and twitter. Definetely more so to twitter, but facebook is my life saver during the day... Its my break for sanity at work... (*gasp she goes on it at work?!*). Yes, I admit I am on-line while I am at work... I need a break from the quoting, and the calls and the customers... I need to see other "people" and their daily goings on... and the way I figure...I dont smoke. So this is my "cigarette break" :-) anywho...
I was thinking last night about how many people on facebook, twitter, myspace, blogs, etc... put their business out there. When they are fighting with their best friends- they say so in their status update message. When their husband didnt pick his socks up from the bedroom floor- they tweet. When their kids are yelling and screaming- they blog. I want to ask... when is it too much?
My mom told me many years ago that when her and my father got divorsed... No one in her family could believe it.. She never told them the stories of anything that went on in their relationship. You didn't air your dirty laundry. Period.
Now adays (and I am completely guilty of it... tho I try and not name names when I am upset about something and decide to blog, update status, tweet, etc... about it... I just used generalities) we have no shame, we will at the first hint of anger, hurt, fear whatever... will call a person out on any social media site!
Now I completely understand people blog about their family... I do too. I have another blogsite that I do this thru... but I also have very few people that know about this blog, because it is where I go to vent my issues that I may be having. I also tweet. I joke and say twitter is my sanity... but sometimes it is... when I am having a bad day, fighting with my kids, am heart broken, frustrated, whatever... I will tweet... and tweet like crazy sometimes... and tho I may have 230 followers... very few of them are people I know in "real life". And I also make sure I dont use real names when I tweet...
Why do we feel like we have put all of our business about how horrible things are in our life... our husbands, our jobs, our kids, etc... Are we trying to make everyone feel sorry for us? Are we doing it so that way if we do something else (cheat, divorse, quit, yell, hit etc)
Some things are ment to stay between you and your family/close friends.... Not with 120 people you knew from highschool/family/and complete strangers.
I know I am completely guilty of this too... I tell more than I should about things that I don't need to be.... but maybe before posting that next update... ask yourself... do I really need to post this???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...