Wednesday, December 8, 2010

id prefer a book.

Well I have a slight brain fart today…  I thought of doing this blog post today, on my lunch, as I walked out of the library. 2 hours later, I finally remembered what I was going to write about.

The library!! Duh!

I had to go to the library today to drop of a book I had borrowed (and was slightly over due) and I also had a book on hold that I needed to pick up.  
Going today made me realize how much I really love the library.  I love the smells of the paper and the books. I love the aura of the library, peaceful, calm, knowledgefull (if there is such a feeling).  I just really love it. I love holding a book and running my fingers over the dry, worn pages.  
I had considered asking for a Kindle or something similar for Christmas. I wanted to be on top of the latest technology and what not…  but really, no. I don’t want that. I would miss having my book. I would miss the smells and the feel of a book.  Holding an electronic object just isn’t the same as a book. It doesn’t give me that same comfort or relaxation as a book does.   
So maybe I am old fashioned… but I think I will stick with my real books J

Plus… a book doesn’t need a wifi signal nor a battery J


God Bless
Overthinking Mama

Ps. I am planning a give a way in the next few days/weeks… I haven’t decided if I should wait till after Christmas to do it or make it before… opinions? 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I like the feel and smell of a book way better than the cold electronic things they are peddling now in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the kindle, even though I get weird looks when I tell people I prefer real books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to have a book in my hands, too. No kindle or nook for me, either.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...