Monday, February 18, 2013

Self Image




As a human, normal girl, in today’s society, we 99% of the time, have a distorted picture of ourselves.  When we look in the mirror most of the time, we don’t see a beautiful girl looking back. We find the flaws of our creation.  The scars, the bags under our eyes, the extra fluffiness here and there, the tiny breasts, the too big breasts, the stretch marks, scars, any and all imperfections. 

I am no different. I struggle with my self image. Every. Day.  And to try and control my insecurity, I color my hair, I cut my hair, put makeup on, get tattoos, tan, exersise, diet, anything that I think will make me look better… make me feel better about myself. 

But in reality- when it comes down to it, NOTHING I do will make me prettier. All the makeup in the world, will not make me feel better about myself… it will give me a momentary pleasure, a momentary dilusion that I am beautiful, but tomorrow that feeling will be gone. 

I have friends that struggle every day with their self image.  Feeling they are too fat, ugly, too skinny, not this, not that- essentially no guy would want them. They are nothing.  They look at me like I have it good.   I have a good body. I am pretty. I don’t have an issue with getting a guy.  They don’t understand when I say I don’t like my body. I don’t like my hair. I can’t get a guy.  I look at them like they are crazy. 

I am no different than anyone else.  I feel like I can improve myself A LOT.   
I look into the mirror and I see the stretch marks, the cellulite, the grey hairs, the muffin top. I see so much that I would love to have "lifted, or tucked, or just sucked out"... 
But reality is, this is me. 

I am learning to love me.  
Some days are better than others. 

But everyday, I am waking up and I am going to look at myself in the mirror and tell myself I am beautiful and eventually, hopefully, I will completely believe it. 

Blessings N  Love
Overthinking Mama


*this is a post I started writing a year ago, that I just found... lol. 


1 comment:

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...