Saturday, May 12, 2012

To my mom.







Tomorrow is Mother's Days.  A day we run out to the store and get Mom some flowers and a card to show her how much we love her.. We go and take her out to dinner or go for a home cooked meal.  We make sure today we show her how much she means to us...  


This year seems different to me...  The past 6 months has made me stop and think more than normal. I have been overthinking as usual. Lol.  


This will be the first year my step mom won't be with us. This year is probably the first year I have realized exactly what impact she made on my life...and especially my children's life.  


Along with thinking about how much I miss my stepmom... I also think to my own mom.  I would seriously be lost with out her. She is the most amazing woman I know. 


Day to day I have no idea how she does it. She is 68 years old this year. (sorry mom lol) She has more energy and motivation in one day than I do in a week!! She still works full time, on her feet, all day long! She still comes home and plays with my kids, cooks dinner for her husband and also for me and my kids. She cleans the house, makes quilts, patches holes, mows the grass, plants flowers, bakes cookies and cakes... she never stops.  She has more talent than anyone I know.. in so many ways I want to be like her.  


Then I look at my life... my kids... and my childhood... and I  have even more respect for my mom. I see the lessons she was trying to teach me.. and I know that one day my kids will realize the lessons I am trying to teach them.. even if it is 20 years and a couple kids later. lol. 


She introduced me to Christ... she forced me to go to church but didn't force me to believe what she did.. she would use the good ole mom guilt trips of course but mainly she prayed... prayed for my salvation.. prayed for me to fall in love with Jesus... it took years...  lots and lots of heart aches but finally.. finally I was broken enough from this world to realize the Truth and her prayers were answered.  


So I just wanted to take a moment and say Thank you Mom. Thank you for the love.. thank you for the lessons.. thank you for putting up with my hard headedness.. with me having to learn everything the hard way... thank you for your patience and for your faith... thank you for your never ceasing prayers.  Thank you!!! 




And thank you Lord... For the greatest Mom a little girl could ever ask for. 


Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...