Thursday, March 29, 2012

longings


I have been thinking a lot lately... well I guess it would be more like feeling a lot lately about my future. My heart is longing for so much. It's kind of crazy how much I am longing for somethings...

I have been longing for a baby…  this time around not even so much doing the whole pregnancy thing.. but just to have a baby to hold and love and nurture…  wonder if it’s an adoption longing?  I don’t know.. Maybe its just I am ready for that next step of my life??

I have been longing to do something great… something magnificent… something that will help people.. help women.. and will Glorify the Lord.. I am not really sure what tho.. I don’t know if it’s the Christian singles group… or if there is more to it..

I have a longing to be a better mother to my kids.  To be there for them when they get home from school. To make wonderful wholesome meals and snacks for them. To be able to bake for them and just spend quality, loving time together.

I long to have quiet time in the mornings to spend in the Lords presence.. To read, to pray, to worship and to listen. . I long to be refreshed enough every morning to be able to do this before I start my day out.

I think I still long to be married and be a wife. I want that so badly.. but the above things seem to have taken presidence over this longing lately..  

I think I have done things so wrong in my past… and the Lord is working with me to see how my past wasn’t about Him and how He wants my future.. He wants it to be all about him!  I want people to feel his Love thru me.

Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama

2 comments:

  1. Hi Overthinking Mama

    I read your post and I thought a lot about myself in reading it. I also want to be married and I think God has been working pretty hard to be the center of my life, something I struggle with daily, which I am sure a lot of people do. I feel like I am in a waiting situation. Like God is waiting for me to get to a certain point before I will be able to move forward in the relationship and future marriage part of my life.

    In the meantime though, I have to become a better parent and get my own life together. You talked about it also and honestly its just really cool to know there is someone out here I can relate to :)

    Growing Mama (michelle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Growing Mama!!!
    I completely agree with the waiting period.. and using this time to be a better parent and get closer with God... that thought is one of the few things that is helping me keep my sanity! lol.

    thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I am following you now!! Its nice to meet a fellow single mom who is also a Christian. :-)

    OTM

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...