Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Baking with Baby Girl- texas sheet cake


I am a little late at uploading these pics and posting. lol. I apologize. Back in January, my daughter and I made a Texas Sheet Cake for my Step-Grandma's bday!  We went over to her house for a little birthday party. It was a lot of fun!! Baby Girl Loved baking the cake. She talked about making it at least a month in advance!! 

Mixing the cocoa, butter and water together. 

my recipe! haha. Thanks to my good friend B :-)

the dry mix

my big helper

I dont think I made enough frosting.... Only 2;bs of powdered sugar!! haha

yum!!!
 Normally with the Texas Sheet Cake - you bake it on a cookie sheet.. but I opted for a rectangle cake pan instead, I also made a small round cake from it too for us at home! :-)

it was a beautiful day out on the Lake! 

Happy Birthday Grandma Barb! 

Blessings N  Love
Overthinking Mama 


1 comment:

  1. It is so great to see you and your daughter have that time together. Grandma was happy too! Good job to the two of you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...