Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Downward spiral of depression and anxiety



Today, This is my sanity. I put my problems down at the foot of Jesus.

Yesterday was a rough day. My husband and I didn't get along the greatest. We were trying to do something and it seemed like anything that could go wrong- DID.  
Out of frustration, my husband said something. I didn't hear exactly what he said, but I read his lips. I thought he said one thing... He swears he said something else.  But that sent me into a downward spiral of depression and anxiety that I am still in today. 

Today I am just feeling like a failure. I am feeling like I can not do anything right. 
Today I need to lay it all down. Let Jesus take control for the insurities and the negativity. I need to lay down my problems because I can no solve them on my own. I can only do this with Christ by my side. 


I love the days I work at the church. I can take a few minutes and just be. I can take my praises and my problems to the alter and lay it all out there. I can thank God for the blessings and ask for help with a problem or ask for forgiveness.  I know I can do this anywhere, but being able to do it in the house of God, at the alter, just does something to my heart and my soul. 

I look forward to these moments. I long for these moments. 
I know with God's help, I will get through everything. 
I know with God's help- everything will work out one way or another and will be ok. 

God has blessed me in so many ways. I need to focus on the blessings and not the negativity. I need to not let the bad moods of others effect my overall well being. I need to keep my focus on Christ and bettering myself for HIM and not on my failures.  

Lord, thank you for giving me the opportunity to come and lay my burdens down at your feet. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share You with the world. Please continue to be there with me through the dark moments and shine Your light on the shadows that surround me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

Blessings N Love 
Overthinking Mama 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...