Monday, June 11, 2012

sleep??

The coffee just aint working fast enough this morning.
As I sit here and type this out all I keep thinking is I want to go back to bed.  Just 20 more minutes of sleep and I will be good.
But in reality, I think I could sleep the day away.  Kinda like I did yesterday.
I was in bed Saturday night by 1230.  Up at 9.  and did nothing.  Napped at 2-430 or so. And was in bed last night by 11.
AND I AM STILL TIRED!!!

Idk if its just life...  or if it could be the new meds I am on... I started taking Zoloft last Tuesday. And its been a hell of a week physically for me.  Tuesday night I ended up with food poisoning I believe from the Chinese food I had for dinner.   That effected me till about Friday.  Nothing seemed appetizing and I just barely ate anything.   Then starting Friday night, I was just exhausted... more so than normal. So again, I don't know if its the meds I am on... the effects of bad food and not eating well and dehydration last week... or just life!!

But the good thing... I don't feel like crying over everything... The things that were upsetting me the week before are now just... blah.

And I got an appt with the pastors of my church to talk with them about everything I am going thru...  so.. hopefully that will help also... and my best friend is going to get me in touch with a lady from his church that does counseling also.

At this point I feel like I can use all the help I can get... but now.. now that I am not all depressed and wanting to cry over everything... I am really nervous about talking to someone... I haven't openly talked to anyone in years...  I have used my blog as my therapy... so this will be different... but I know good.


Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama 

3 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well with you meeting with your pastors and the therapist at your church :-)

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie, I do believe Zoloft is known for causing fatigue. If it continues to bother you I would highly recommend switching to Lexapro. I've tried many antidepressants, including Zoloft, which I didn't care for, and Lexapro seems to work the best with the least side affects. Lexapro is known to cause some people sleeping issues, which it has given me trouble with, but it is the opposite of Zoloft. I wake after 5 hours of sleep and fell like I slept 8. If you decide to switch but your doctor/insurance company tells you there is no generic for Lexapro, print the following and give it to them. The generic was approved in March of this year. I just received my first generic in the mail last week and it saved me $90.00!!! It's $30 for a 3 month supply!!

    http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm296006.htm

    You can read more about Zoloft and Fatigue here
    http://www.mothering.com/community/t/73125/zoloft-and-fatigue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, my best friend Krissy recently started taking Cymbalta and loves it. You may want to look into that as well. I think her doctor said Cymbalta is better for women.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...