Thursday, August 30, 2012

a long time ago

I woke up this morning thinking...about abortion. Not that I am having one or even considering one or anything like that.. but just thinking about all those poor innocent babies. And How sad it is in this day in age that most people dont really give it a second thought.. its just another solution to a problem.

Then I started wondering how many people do I know that have had an abortion that I don't even know??  I only know of one person. wait. thats wrong. I forgot, I know of a few.  But one person stands out. We were in highschool and she was one of my closest friends. I was in my senior year and she was a few years younger.  She got pregnant... and wasn't ready.  The boys parents had money so they paid for the solution to that problem.  I still remember that like it was yesterday and I wasn't even with her.  
When I woke up on the morning that she was going I felt sick. Just knowing that she was doing this.. I felt sick. I couldn't go to school. There was no way.  I was shaking. I wanted to cry. I can only imagine what she felt like.  I laid in bed for a while listening to the radio and a commercial came on.. about abortion support... a counseling service that would help you find another solution to the "problem" than murder.  I got up and ran to the phone. I called them and told them my friends story. I even gave them her number to call to see if they could talk to her.  It was too late tho.
I was so down and depressed that day.

The crazy thing... NO ONE has ever known about that till now. No one knew how I felt just being her friend and knowing.  I never told her. I didnt want to lose her as a friend.  I never judged her. I never told her she was wrong. I did ask if this is really what she wanted. She said she really didnt have a choice.   I was still there for her.

I have no idea what brought that in to my mind this morning.  Why i felt the need to blog about it...

More and more every day I am realizing, I want a big family.  I want to share God's love with as many people I can.  I know I am not the best mom but I want more kids... whether they are mine by birth or not.   I want to be there for a child that may not normally have some one there for him or her.

anyway.. its time for me to get my kiddos up and ready for school. :-)


Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama

I know that this post didnt really have a point or anything.. it was more of just a venting... but if you are struggling with something.. abortion, cheating, death, pregnancy, being along, anything.. and you need something to talk to.. PLEASE email me.  Overthinkingmama@gmail.com. I will listen. I will try and help in any way that I can. Please dont ever think you are alone!!!  God loves you.

2 comments:

  1. I've been a long time reader of yours that won't be back. I understand that this is your blog and your thoughts, but I found this post very judgmental and offensive. I will keep my opinions on abortion to myelf and private which is where opinions belong. You opened a wound today, I'm most likely not the only person who read this and felt that way. Not a very Christian thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that I offended you. but this is my blog. this is where my thoughts, feelings and opinions are released. I have reread and reread and reread this blog post trying to figure out what I said that was judgemental. I apologize for the feelings that it has caused you. That was not my intent at all.. I had this on my heart to write. maybe i didn't come across in the right way that you think i should have.. but again, this is my blog. I am not soliciting to get an audience. I appreciate all of my readers, but I do not do this to try and stay "right" with all of them. I do this blog as a way of expressing myself. In too many place of my life i have kept my opinions to myself. On here, I do not. I do apologize if i offended you. I will be sad to lose a reader, but again, I am not doing this for the readers. I hope you have a blessed life.

      Delete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...