Wednesday, August 23, 2017

a break

This last week has been great. 

I wouldn't have been able to do it with out the great support system that I have in place. From my husband to my mom to in laws to my kids... They are all amazing. 

Last Thursday I went down to Columbus for a few days for a Trade Show for my work. I went down with a couple coworkers (one of which was my mom). It was nice to be an adult and get away and not have to constantly be cleaning up something or worrying about what the kids are doing. It was nice to get that break.  I came home on Saturday and got to spend some time with my beautiful kids.  

Sunday Morning my hubby and I left to go to a food show down in Kentucky for his work. It was just me and him for 2 wholes nights! It felt nice not having to share the bed with a couple toddlers. It felt nice to just be able to enjoy my husband.  My mom watched the older 3 and my grandma-in law watched the two babies. It was nice knowing that everyone was taken care of.  The best best part was when I got home, my house was cleaned. My laundry caught up. The kids room cleaned and clothes gone through.  I don't know how my mom did it... but she did more in 2 days than I can in a weeks time. It was heaven coming home to so much being done.  Tonight I am going to finish up cleaning the clothes we wore while we were gone and getting rid of more junk we do not need.  I am all about down sizing and getting rid of stuff. I am just so tired of having stuff every where and constantly having to clean up something. 

I am also so thankful for my older girls for taking care of the animals while we were gone. Making sure they all got outside to potty and all had food. Especially feeding the kittens. Our cat Bubbles had 5 kittens on August 4th. On the 11th she got out and we haven't seen her since, so we have been bottle feeding the kittens. While I was gone, it was up to Sami to feed them, and she did a great job!!!  We did lose the runt of the little unfortunately, but I think that would have happened no matter what. She was too far behind the rest of them. 

I definitely needed the break this past week. I enjoyed being a person again and not just a mom and wife and house cleaner and cook and boo boo fixer lol.  It was so nice feeling like a human again.  

Thank you everyone that helped this past week happen!!! I love you all!!!! 

Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...