Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Gym time

I have been wanting to write a post all weekend about me going to the gym... but it seemed like it was one thing after another and when I did have a moment to sit down and type something.. I just had no motivation for it.
And even now... I am just like bllaaahhh... but I will press on.

We got a gym membership for Planet Fitness back in the beginning of March... so about a month now.  I want to better myself. I am 35. My dad passed away 8 months ago and he had all kinda of health problems, mainly because he never really took great care of himself. I don't want to be like that. And my therapist (yes, I am seeing a therapist) is a huge inspiration to me.

I had a gym membership about 3 or 4 years ago... I can't remember exactly when I had it... but this time around, everything is so different- I am so different.

When I had the membership before, the first few weeks, I was all about going, as much as I could. Everyone said how great I would feel afterwards, how it would help with my energy. It did the exact opposite. It made me exhausted. When I left the gym, I just wanted to go home and go to sleep.  I didn't feel good, I didn't have a "high", I was completely exhausted. I hated it. I had to force myself to go every time I went... and after a month and half maybe, I just stopped going.  I dreaded going. There was no perks for me to go.  Let alone the fact that I was so self concious that everyone was starting at me and thinking I am crazy or I don't know what I am doing (which was true! I had no clue half the time).

This time around... it so so different. After working out, I feel great! I can't wait to go back again. I can't wait to sweat and feel my mucsules burn afterwards.  I have signed up for two personal training classes and I can't wait to do more!  I still have my anxiety about going... especially going alone... and when I signed up for the first class, not knowing what to expect, I was so nervous that I almost just didn't go. But I am so glad that I did. I felt great afterwards and I am already planning more and more classes to attend. I need that... someone to push me and tell me to keep going- 1 more rep of 12! lol

Its crazy how much a person can change in a short period of time. How I can go from disliking the gym to loving it.  Now if I can just motivate my husband to come with me more often, things would be great!!  

Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...