Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Thankful

So I did get laid off.  As of last week by hours were cut and this week pretty much am not needed at all. So I am home with my kids trying not to lose my mind.

Monday- honestly I had a class of wine by 430.  The kids were just extra clingy. They all wanted to be on top of me. They all wanted to talk to me at the same time. They all want me to answer their questions at the same time.  My brain just didn’t have the power.

Tuesday- I woke up and first thing I did was put some worship music on and went for a walk. Alone.  That was the best thing that I could have done. It got my head into a better place than it was the day before.  Even with no internet- I still was able to manage to make it through the day.

Today- I woke up- had some coffee- some time with God and went for a walk with the kids.  It was really nice to be outside with them. It was nice to see and “meet” some of our neighbors. I really wish I could do this forever.

I know times are uncertain, and many of us don’t know what tomorrow will bring or how we will get bills paid, but maybe- we should see this as a gift from God. A gift to just stop our crazy hectic life and just be.  Just enjoy each other. Just enjoy life. Just be.

As we were walking, I was thinking to myself that normally at that time, we all would be at work or in school. And even if it was a day off, I never would have gone for a walk outside when it was that chilly out ( I think its only like maybe 40deg today). I would have stayed my happy but in the house and stayed warm. But because I can’t just leave the house whenever I want to, because I am not leaving the house for hours and hours on end- I am enjoying the simple times of getting out of the house and being with my family.  I am so thankful for this time.

I know God has a plan through all of this and everything will turn out alright. No matter the end result, even if its the worst thing I could possibly think of right now, it will be ok. I am saved by my Father’s Grace.

otm sign.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3dP9auc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...