Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Change

I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend.

Now its back to the daily grind of life. lol

I am actually sitting here in the hospital waiting on my dad to come out of surgery. He is in having a heart cath.

We had a cook out over the weekend. I invited a ton of people. Everyone I could think of. Everyone that I used to be friends with... well I still consider them friends but we just really dont hang out anymore.

Most of those people... didn't come to the cook out.  And that made to really think about how much has changed since the last cook out that I had.

It seemed like I had more friends back then. Now I have a small handful of friends- people that I hang out with on a regular basis.

Marriage changes things. Especially friendships. People that I used to hang out with a lot are people I rarely talk to anymore. I am not upset with them- they are not to blame, nor am I. Situations change. People change. Priorities change. Its life.

It is a little saddening that people that I used to tell everything to. That when I went out for a drink, they were the first person I called. That when I had a bad day, I called for comfort. And vice versa. Now? Nada.  I can't even get them to come to a cook out. lol

I am not upset or anything- sad, a little bit yes. But I have learned it is life.  We don't have the same interests anymore. We don't have the same commonalities.  I would still be there for them if needed and if I can, but I also know that I wouldn't be the first person they call.  I would still hang out with them and I still consider them friends... I just know life goes on. Life changes.


Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...