Wednesday, July 20, 2011

changing men

I seriously get annoyed when someone comes up to me and asks if I am still with that one guy… I tell them no.. and they are like Dang girl, you change men like you change underware!!  

Really?? Why don’t you step down off your high horse and take a look into my life.

In the last 5 ½ years I have dated 4 people.  The first guy was my daughters father. We were together for a year and a half. HE LEFT ME!!  He got a job after 9 months unemployed and left me when baby girl was 6 months.

The next guy… a year after me and baby girls dad broke up… dated for a total of 3 monhts. In that 3 months time I learned he was a liar, a cheater, and a druggie. Sorry not good for my kids.

The next guy- one of my BFF’s. I knew him for 3 years before this.  We wanted to see if it would work since we were bff’s.  He’s an awesome guy, but we just were at different points in our life and couldn’t seem to get it all together just right. He is still one of my close friends.

The next guy- I met 4 months after my bff.  It was fate we met. He was awesome. The kids loved him. Treated me pretty good. Made me feel things I have never felt ever. But he had his issues and because of it I ended up with mine… and it didn’t work out… But we tried for over a year.  

So yea, I have dated a few guys. But once I see that a man aint good for me or my kids… sorry but he’s gone.  I am not going to stick around with a guy just because everyone is going to look at me funny cuz I ended another relationship. And with some people, you don’t know what they are truly like until you are in a relationship with them.

I pray over every relationship and let God guide me in where it goes. My kids come first over anyone or anything. Period.

Blessings N Love
Overthinking Mama

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about what other people think. Like you said, you have to do what's best for yourself & your kids. People will always have their opinions no matter what you do. They'll always try to point out something you've done wrong. The main thing is that you care about your kids' well-being. You can't say that for enough parents these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry what other people think of you and your life, it is only important what YOU think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to say you arne't going to let it bother you...harder to do! But you have your priorities right if you are keeping God at the controls and doing what's best for your kiddos. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...