Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cut off

I was driving on my way to work this morning... and I go to switch lanes... I look in my mirrors.. nothing.. look out my window... nothing.. so i merge into the other lane... then i look in my rearveiw mirror... and there a lil red car?!
Was it always there? Did I just cut them off...
and immediately I tried to put the blame onto someone else...
~well she was following to close
~well she was in my blind spot
~well...
~well...

Why do we as humans have such a hard time putting the responsiblity of the blame on ourselves when something goes wrong? Why do we insist on saying it was someone else who did it? Trying to figure out someway to not make us look like the bad person.

I was reading an email bible study that I recieve everyday at work about King Saul... and how he was always trying to put his faults on to someone else... like God didn't know the truth...

Its amazing how we think we can fool God into thinking that we are more perfect than we are... and how we actually try and fool ourselves in to believing that its the truth.

We need to man up and take responsiblities for our faults... the truth will come out eventually...

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives" (1 John 1:9-10 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... good, bad, and the downright ugly...